Wednesday 23 May 2012

Four O'Connell Brothers, Moriartys and some visitors



Tim, Mike, Danny and John O'Connell now and then. The photo from her family album was shared by Noreen O'Connell, wife of John.

>>>>>>>>

Norella Moriarty shared a lovely one from the family album as well, her family in the seventies. People who know Norella today will agree that she is the image of her late mother?


<<<<<<<






I met Theresa Richards and her daughter on Saturday. They were in Listowel on their annual visit from Massachussetts. They have traced their family tree back several generations through Guerins,  Heffernans and Deveraux. If I understood correctly, their family came from the cottage in this iconic photo of Ballygrennan.



>>>>>>>

Ger from North Kerry Reaching Out and I are planning a trip to our own local archive this week.


This is our parish priest, Canon Declan O'Connor in the presbytery looking up a baptismal record. He has given me permission to look at some of the oldest Listowel registers dating back to the 18th century. I'll bring my camera.

>>>>>>

Tomorrow night at 8.15 in the Classic Cinema, Listowel the Film Club will be showing 2 Irish films; one is Stella Days with Amy Huberman and the other is... Eddie Moylan's Listowel Vintage Wireless Museum.
I'll be there. Will you?



No comments:

Post a Comment