Friday 29 June 2012

Greenlawn and Jerry Ryan


Listowel Town Square resplendent in the sunshine of yesterday. You can't beat summer in Ireland, if we only knew on which day it was going to be.

While out and about with camera I took a few photos of the old Greenlawn or Kennedy Nursing Home. You will remember it was the residence of the very first TD for Kerry, James Crowley. Sadly, I found it looking very overgrown and neglected.








What a shame!

>>>>>>

By contrast, isn't this only magnificent1

Puffin on Sceilig photographed by Laura Vaughan.


>>>>>



Every now and again something happens in town. I hear it when its over and I am kicking myself that I missed it. Such an event was the retirement of Jerry Ryan. Jerry cleaned our streets for years and his smiling amiable presence was part of what makes Listowel unique. My photograph was taken on the Monday after the Races a few years back.
 I wish Jerry a long and happy retirement, and a well deserved rest.

>>>>>>>

A Friday smile




These cute pictures are from the Pathé war archive. At least the poor children would have great eyesight!

No comments:

Post a Comment