Wednesday 13 February 2013

Old friends, more from 1988 and McKenna's Social




Whenever I am out and about with my husband, it is my custom to ask people who approach us, to pose for a photo with Jim. I included many of these photographs in my book but I didn't put in any of people who had passed away for fear of upsetting anybody. Now I realize that I was wrong. People like to remember familiar faces which we no longer see. Here are 3 such photos that I came across lately. The man in the wheelchair in all three is Jim Cogan.




Michael Cody R.I.P. formerly of Ballybunion Rd. and St Michael's College





Dan Browne R.I.P. well loved butcher and local businessman


Mrs. O'Loughlin R.I. P. formerly of Church St.,  Jim's first landlady when he came to Listowel.

<<<<<<<


A few more snippets from my 1988 Pres Secondary School Yearbook









>>>>>


This is how the cinema looks now with the new extension nearly finished.

>>>>>>

Posters for upcoming events



<<<<<<

Jer. had a much
better copy of that McKenna's Social photo and he has a few but not all of the names.



Front (left to Right): Junior Griffin (standing), Angela Flaherty (Nee Hayes), Kathleen Clifford??, Mrs Burke??, Kitty McCarthy??, Michael Crowley?? & Mrs Crowley (standing).
Middle (L-R): Mrs Mickey Mahony, Mrs O'Connor??, Mikey O'Connor, Pat Walsh, Sean Lynch, Dick Kiely, Willie Barrett, Tim Shanahan, Johnny Mahony, A N Other, A N Other, A N Other, A N Other.
Back (L-R): Michael O'Neill, Brendan Daly, Maureen O'Connor, Tom O'Connor, Mickey Mahony, John Daly.


No comments:

Post a Comment