Monday 30 March 2015

Time and Tide wait for no man

Falling into decay

I had occasion recently to pass by the convent and I took the opportunity to document its further decline. It's very sad to see it  gradually go to rack and ruin.









End of an era !

<<<<<<<<

Radharc film of a Fair day in Abbeyfeale in 1963

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LOx2U9YOvvU

<<<<<<

Happy Day in June 1953



From Marie (Nelligan) Shaw in New Jersey comes this memory.

Marie wrote;
"I remember that agricultural display in the sports field in 1953 very well. On the extreme right there is a tall man in a dark suit, that was Mr. Morgan from Colbert St., next to him is my aunt Liz and the kid sitting on the fence is me.
Regards,
Marie"

<<<<<<<

Exciting developments at Listowel Garden Centre




Listowel Garden centre is a building site at the moment. Watch out for news of its grand reopening

<<<<


No comments:

Post a Comment