Thursday 26 October 2017

Listowel in Autumn, Marie Nelligan remembers growing up in Listowel in the 1950s and Park Run




This building in Listowel Town Square was the home of The National Bank. Then it housed the Social Welfare Office and the office of NEKD. Now it is The Butler Centre.

<<<<<<<<<<<

Autumn by The Feale








<<<<<<<<<


Marie Nelligan Shaw Remembers

I asked Marie if she had any recollections of growing up in Listowel and here is what she wrote;

First instalment


<<<<<<<<<

A Fine for Littering



Isn't this a kind of strange amount of a fine? I took the photo on the path between St. Michael's graveyard and the pitch and putt course.

<<<<<<<<

Park Run


I was heading for the park one Saturday recently when I spotted that the weekly Saturday Park Run was in progress. I was just too late to snap Jimmy Deenihan. That's him on the right of my photo.


This initiative aimed at keeping the country healthy is a great success.

<<<<<

Halloween is Approaching


Time to remember our dead
Ní imithe uainn atá siad, ach imithe romhainn
( not gone from us, gone before us)

No comments:

Post a Comment